Grange Insurance ranked 47th out of 148 insurance carriers in the Super Regional Property & Casualty Insurers list created by Demotech, Inc., the official research partner of Insurance Journal.
Demotech used specific, qualifying criteria and thresholds evaluated as of Dec. 31, 2019, to identify the nation’s Super Regional P/C Insurers, which write multiple lines of insurance in multiple states.
The criteria and thresholds included:
- Active, individual companies
- Reporting data using the P/C annual statement format
- At least $1 million of direct written premium (DWP) in each of two to 34 states
- Less than 90% of DWP in any one state
- Less than 90% of DWP in any one line of business
- Policyholders surplus of at least $100 million
- Net premium written of at least $50 million
- DWP of at least $25 million
Through its network of independent agents, Grange Insurance offers auto, home, life and business insurance protection to nearly 700,000 policyholders. Life insurance offered by Grange Life Insurance and Kansas City Life Insurance. Grange Insurance Company and its affiliates serve policyholders in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.
Grange Insurance ranked 47th in Insurance Journal’s list of 2020 Super Regional P/C Insurers based on an annual DWP of $440,615,000.
See the full list of 2020 Super Regional P/C Insurers.