Columbus, OHIO (April 16, 2015) – To provide additional service to customers affected by the recent storms and tornadoes in central Illinois, Grange Insurance is suspending policy cancellations and providing an extension on premium payments until June 9, 2015, as well as allowing an additional 60 days to file claims. These actions apply to all personal lines, commercial lines and Grange Life policyholders in DeKalb and Ogle counties, giving people more time to make payments, report claims and make repairs on affected property.
Specifically, Grange is providing the following leniencies to policyholders in those two counties:
- Policy cancellations: For policyholders who receive a cancellation or non-renewal notice issued on or after April 9, Grange will reinstate the policy with no lapse in coverage. If necessary, new cancellation or non-renewal notices will not be distributed until June 9, 2015.
- Filing a claim: If policyholders aren’t able to file claims or submit related documentation (such as proof of loss, bills, receipts, etc.) in the time required under their policy, Grange will provide a 60-day extension.
- Property repairs: If repairs to affected property can’t be completed in the time required under their policy, Grange will provide a 60-day extension.
If customers have any questions, they’re encouraged to contact their independent agent, or call the following:
- Grange 24-hour Claims Reporting: (800) 445-3030
- Grange Personal & Commercial Lines Billing Services: (800) 425-1100
- Grange Life Billing Services: (800) 399-3797
For any disaster-related dispute or issue, customers can call the Illinois Department of Insurance complaint hotline at (866) 445-5364 or file a complaint online at:
Grange Insurance is a regional insurance provider based in Columbus, Ohio. With $2 billion in assets, the company offers auto, home, life and business insurance protection. Grange, and its affiliate Integrity, operates through a network of independent agents in 13 states in the Midwest and South. Grange is in the business of protecting people’s lives when and how they need it. Established in 1935, Grange has grown from rural beginnings to a financially stable enterprise that offers independent agents and policyholders the highest level of service and support. For more information, visit grangeinsurance.com.
Sr. Public Relations & Social Media Specialist
Know someone who would find this information helpful?