Shield your business from costly behavior with EPLI insurance coverage.
Get a Quote from an Agent
As a business owner, a lawsuit is the last thing you ever want to deal with. But, big or small, all companies face this risk. When an allegation is made against you, your employee or your company, Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) is there to offer your business a legal shield and financial protection.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance
EPLI protects business owners against employment-related lawsuits filed by an employee. These lawsuits can arise from employee accusations of:
- Wrongful termination
- Other employment-related issues, like wrongful discipline
Grange’s EPLI insurance also offers third-party coverage for accusations made by customers and vendors.
Why businesses are considering EPLI
Having the right kind of EPLI is now more important than ever. Here’s why:
- Employee lawsuits are growing. In the last 10 years, employee filings with The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) have increased by over 20%.
- Settlements are getting more expensive. From 2006 to 2016, EEOC settlements grew from $274MM to $482MM and the average settlement now costs almost $70,000.
- Big or small, all companies face risk. Over 40% of all EPLI claims are made against private employers with fewer than 100 employees.
- You can be fault-free, but it still costs money. Legal fees and defense costs for EPLI cases are on the rise and can easily exceed tens of thousands of dollars.
- Your current policy probably doesn’t provide coverage. Commercial Liability policies typically exclude EPLI claims. Commercial Umbrella policies may exclude them as well.
What’s covered by EPLI?
Grange’s EPLI insurance coverage combines the best in protection for employment-related lawsuits with free access to workplace risk management and legal resources, including:
- Free legal counsel. Receive access to Jackson Lewis, one of the largest and most respected employment law firms in the nation, to discuss issues such as discrimination and harassment investigations, FMLA and state-leave laws, employment reviews and dismissals.
- Free risk management training and education. Have 24/7 access to state-of-the-art training modules and a library of articles, best-practice resources and self-audit checklists for your business from The McCalmon Group.
- First-party and third-party coverage. We provide coverage for lawsuits that are from employees (first party) as well as vendors, customers and other third parties.
Protect your business
Sometimes we need help when we’re faced with a difficult situation. Grange’s EPLI coverage can offer you the tools, education and resources you need to protect your business. Talk with your independent insurance agent about adding EPLI to your Grange commercial insurance today. Or get a quote from an independent agent near you!
Ready for a quote?
Contact an agent
Why we work with independent insurance agents
*Available coverages and discounts may vary by state. Please contact your Grange Independent Agent to discuss coverage details, discounts and eligibility requirements. For specific coverage details, always refer to your policy. If the policy coverage descriptions herein conflict with the language in the policy, the language in the policy applies.