Insurance for jewelry and other priceless items

Your engagement ring, a family heirloom, your favorite painting—some things are worth more than money. The best way to protect your high-value, sentimental jewelry and other valuable items is with insurance.

How do I know if I need valuable item insurance?

To determine if you need valuable item insurance, start by taking an inventory of the things you own. Do you:

Engagement ring icon
Have a valuable item, like jewelry, that would be financially difficult to replace?

Golf bag icon
Enjoy a hobby, like golf or photography, where you own expensive equipment?

Painting icon
Own a valuable collection or artwork?

What does valuables, collectibles and jewelry insurance cover?

If a valuable item becomes damaged, lost or stolen, insurance can help compensate for the loss. A standard home, condo or renters insurance policy may not cover these losses.

Speak with your insurance agent to make sure your valuable items have proper coverage should they become damaged, lost or stolen.

Three gold rings sit in a small glass box.

These valuable items are typically insured separately from a home, condo or renters policy:

  • Engagement and wedding rings
  • Watches
  • Artwork
  • Collectors’ items
  • Luxury items
  • Family heirlooms
  • Antiques
  • Other expensive jewelry

How does it work?

To find the best valuable item insurance for you, speak with your independent insurance agent or find an agent near you. Your agent will walk you through the process, which typically includes getting an appraisal to show the item’s true replacement value.

Light bulb icon

However, if the item is new, you may be able to skip the appraisal if you present the receipt.

What’s an appraisal?

An appraisal is a professional determination of an item’s value. It helps provide an accurate description of the item. You’ll usually need to work with a certified appraiser to complete this process.

Take photos of your item and document any appraisals, so if your item is lost, damaged or stolen, it will be easier to determine the replacement cost.

A green antique dresser.

Protect what’s irreplaceable

Together with Integrity Insurance, Grange protects valuable items for customers in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Talk to your independent agent about adding valuables, collectibles and jewelry insurance to your Grange home, condo or renters insurance policy.

Find an agency

Available coverages and discounts may vary by state. Please contact your Grange Independent Agent to discuss coverage details, discounts and eligibility requirements. For specific coverage details, always refer to your policy. If the policy coverage descriptions herein conflict with the language in the policy, the language in the policy applies. Grange Insurance policies are underwritten by Grange Insurance Company, Grange Indemnity Insurance Company and Trustgard Insurance Company, which are licensed PA insurers and members of the Grange Insurance Company.